What better way to spend the morning of Dad’s day than a family-friendly bike ride around Newport’s Ocean Drive and celebration at Fort Adams? The 2nd annual Elliot Kaminitz Father’s Day Ride has plenty of options for the whole family:
- 6, 10, and 25-mile bike routes. The 6-mile route will be coned and police-escorted. Riders must be comfortable riding with traffic, follow all road signs and signals, and ALL riders are required to wear a helmet.
- Kids “Tour de Fort” offers safe cycling skills and fun inside the Fort.
- Pedicab rides are available for the 6-mile route but must be reserved by Thursday, June 12th.
- 2-mile Fort Adams Bay Walk.
- “There in Spirit” option for out-of-towners or those with previous commitments.
Unregistered riders must arrive by 7:15 a.m.
Pre-registered riders may check in at the following times and locations:
• Saturday 6/14: 3:00-6:00pm Bike Newport office 437 Broadway
• Sunday 6/15: 7:00-7:45am Ride Site Fort Adams, inside the Fort
All festivities will wrap up by noon, leaving plenty of time for more Father’s Day celebrations!
We’re seeking volunteers! Please email or call us at (401) 619-4900 if you’d like to lend a hand.
A fabulous Rio Hut Tub donated by Strong Spas! $20 for a raffle ticket could win you this $2,000 4-5 seat jacuzzi (winner pays shipping – estimated $200 to RI). Buy tickets here.
If you’re coming from over the bridges and far away and want to add a few miles to your ride, use our dedicated “Park ‘n Bike” lot. This free parking lot is located at Bike Newport’s new office – 437 Broadway – the former Triplett School. You can park, hop on your bike, and pedal the 4 miles to Fort Adams. If you’d rather park closer, Fort Adams parking lot is also free and available. Or put your bike on RIPTA’s bike racks, ride the bus to Newport’s Gateway Center and pedal the three miles to Fort Adams. Need directions from any of these locations? Check our Newport Bicycle Map.
Bike routes: 6, 10, and 25 mile options